Thursday, February 5, 2009

Is It Okay To Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

This Post is a little extreme. Yes, these days we are having to us computers more and it is a helpful tool, but if that is not what the teacher wants I see no reason to push it. Teachers that have been teaching for 30 years (and who are obviously NOT computer teachers or even deal with computers) have their own way of teaching. If the teachers can meet the curriculum then why should computers have to be involved?
On the other hand. I can see how not knowing how to work a computer could cause problems. There is no reason that the teachers should not at least try to learn how to do the basic computer functions. Most class rooms these days have computers in them and if the teacher can not work the computer, how are the students going to advance in what they should know? I guess I can see that knowing how to use a computer is mandatory these days. 2020 children are going to have so much more technology that is not even out today that if they do not know how to work today's computers they will be left behind in the future. So I guess that I do agree with the article!!

No comments:

Post a Comment