Friday, April 10, 2009

Twitter!

I do not think that Twitter will ever be used in my classroom. I have found it not difficult, but different. I can see where Blogs, Podcast, and Facebook can have their place in the classroom but Twitter seems to fall between the cracks for me.
I talked to Mr. C and asked his advice about where to start on Twitter and he sent me some "link" I guess but I found nothing on it to even start me off. I looked over Twitter Tips for some answers and yet again nothing. I search Google to see what others had to say about Twitter an those who like Twitter, LOVE Twitter and those who do not find any use for it, find NO use for it. I guess that you can either be for it or against it and I am against it.
I view Twitter as a mass collaboration for texts messages! If I want to text someone I can do it on my cell phone to the people I want to talk to! The information that is shared on Twitter by the people that I am following shows that they know their stuff about teaching and I think that they have alot to offer, I just think that I would rather view their Blogs then Twitter with them!
I found a link to The Nine Reason Why Twitter Should be Used in Schools. I found this article because I followed Twitter Tips on Twitter. This article has alot of good points about how Twitter can be used in schools but I am still not for it! I logged onto Twitter about 4 times a week to see what had been Twitted and I would make a random comments but other than that I did not find Twitter useful. I did try though.

No comments:

Post a Comment