Friday, April 10, 2009

Student Blog Analysis

I picked a Blog of a Student in the TT 9 class. I am not sure, but I thought that we all had the same topics to Blog about. At any rate, her blogs had many good points but I did not see one that had anything to do with this class. She blogged about family, school, and sports but the purpose of this Blog, to me, is to get the assignments and learn in the process; not to only talk about my personal life.


I feel like the Blogging is a good assignment for this class. I know that it is a pain in the rear sometimes but I did not even know what a Blog was until I entered this class. I do think that some of the assignment topics are not very interesting but I may change my mind later once I have started teaching and can use the information in real situations.


After reading the Blog of another classmate I realize how much effort I have put into this class and I do feel like I have gotten something out of it. I have communicated with a teacher from another state, I really enjoyed the video of "The Last Lecture", and I feel like my professional Blog my help me in the future to get a job.


I hope to be able to use Blogs in the future to communicate with my students and parents. I think that by using a Blog I will be able to help the parents have the assignments of their children, know upcoming events, and just to be better informed without having to make a personal call or come to the school. I know that I will continue to Blog after this class is over and I am thankful that I have finally learned what a Blog is!

1 comment: