Friday, April 10, 2009

Improvement Suggestions!

Technology in the Classroom at the University of South Alabama!
In the podcast that I was in I feel like I was begging the others in my group to talk, I had to say "Do you have anything to say about that?" No one would "butt" in and I felt like I had to keep going and going even though I would pause and hope someone else would start in on the topics. Although I was not as prepared as some of the other podcast that were done I feel like as a whole my podcast was done really well. We covered the topic that we were suppose to cover and went over all that aspects of what need to be said, I wish the others would have been more involved. ( I always thought that I had a weird sounding voice and on the podcast I actually sound good! )
You Tube - Can it be Useful in the Classroom?
Overall they start off very well; he is obviously prepared because he bring a document about You Tube with him to the podcast. He discussed how You Tube can be uploaded to and how simple it is. Mike talks about a You Tube clip that was helpful to him and a You Tube clip that we watched in our EDM 310 class. They discuss how You Tube can be use in a mathematics class and by watching You Tube you can refresh your memory. Overall they were well prepared and I hate to say that I couldn't find anything wrong but they did very well.
Facebook! Its in Class! But can it be Useful in Class?
The girl that starts off does very well until she has to stop reading a script. They give a detailed description of what facebook is and tell why it was made. They tell why facebook has benefits and how simplistic it is. They know their stuff when it comes to how facebook works and specific details about facebook. They did have a good example of how facebook can be used in the classroom; a "community" to talk and share information. The only thing that I can see that they did not cover is that facebook would still be a distraction. No matter what you tell your students to do on facebook, they will still use it for personal use which can get in the way while trying to get work done.
Pick of the Day: Useful Internet Sites for Elementary Teachers.
I think that Dr. Strange should of had them introduce themselves. At some points during their podcast I had to turn up the volume (they needed to talk louder). They did have some good websites ( I visited them while listening to the podcast). They also did not flow very well between each other. It was kind of like they were doing this as individuals. They did good overall and they obviously had to do some research to have the websites available for the podcast.

1 comment:

  1. Useful sites...Probably the group from Mr. Tashbin's class. All 4 teachers covered this topic. My students introduced themselves!

    ReplyDelete