Thursday, January 22, 2009

Did You Know?

This little movie was great! The only thing that I did not agree with is that "computers will be smarter than people". While computers can calculate and do alot of the work that I do not want to do, computers just know formulas, not really logic. The fact that more text messages are going around than the population of the world is amazing! I really do not think that I have played 10,000 hours of video games although my brother might have and he is only 11.
I really enjoy knowing facts like this and I think that I am going to have to watch the video again to get all the information that was shown. I think that the future is unknown and we do have to have our children prepared for a technological world. I know that when my step daughter was 5 she was on the internet on Webkinz (an interactive kid's site). I started getting on line in the 6th grade which would of made me 12 at the time. Technology is advancing and as a result we are going to have to be prepared, I can not wait to see what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment